In case you’re fascinated by spiritualism, prophecy, and different scriptures, you’ll have heard of Oahspe: Oahspe was touted because the New Bible. It was printed in 1882 and claimed to comprise new revelations from the Creator and his angel ambassadors. However who was the person who wrote this guide, and the way did he obtain these messages?
John Ballou Newbrough (1828-1891) was an American dentist, inventor, and spiritualist who claimed to have obtained a brand new revelation from the Creator by automated writing. Newbrough was born on June 5, 1828, in a log cabin on a farm close to Mohicanville, Ohio. He was the fourth of eight kids of William and Elizabeth Newbrough. His center identify was after Hosea Ballou, a distinguished Universalist preacher and theologian. John confirmed indicators of clairvoyance and clairaudience from an early age, however his father, a strict man, punished him for his religious experiences. John was educated in a neighborhood schoolhouse and later enrolled in Cleveland Medical School, the place he studied medication and dentistry. He graduated in 1849 and labored as a dentist in varied locations, together with California, Australia, and New York.
He claimed Oahspe was written by his arms however with out his aware information on a typewriter. Oahspe is a sacred historical past of the earth and the heavens, in addition to a information for the followers of Jehovih, the identify of the Creator in Oahspe. Newbrough additionally based a non secular group referred to as Shalam in New Mexico, the place he tried to implement the teachings of Oahspe. He was additionally an inventor and a patent holder. He invented a number of units for calculation, manufacturing of rubber, synthetic enamel, furnace pot, automobile for railway, ventilators, and exercising equipment. He was additionally a thirty third diploma Mason and a vegetarian. He was on this planet’s religions and studied varied scriptures and doctrines. He grew to become a spiritualist within the early 1870s and attended seances and lectures by mediums.
In 1880, John started to obtain automated writing on a typewriter. He claimed that his arms had been guided by a vibrant mild that enveloped his fingers. He stated that he didn’t know what he was writing till he learn it later. He wrote for half an hour each morning for a few 12 months. The consequence was Oahspe: A New Bible, a guide of over 900 pages that covers the historical past of the earth and its heavenly administrations for the previous 24,000 years. It additionally incorporates cosmogony, creation tales, moral teachings, prophecies, and illustrations.
Oahspe is derived from the phrase “Oashpe”, which suggests “sky, earth (corpor) and spirit”. The guide makes use of varied names for the Creator, corresponding to Jehovih, Ormazd, Egoquim, Agoquim, Eloih, The I Am, The All Individual, The Unseen, The Everpresent, The All Gentle, The Highest Gentle. The guide additionally introduces the time period “Faithists” for individuals who comply with the teachings of Oahspe. Oahspe claims to be a brand new revelation for the current day and the approaching period of peace and concord.
John printed Oahspe in 1882 and distributed it amongst his pals and acquaintances. He additionally based a group of Faithists in Las Cruces, New Mexico, the place he moved together with his household and followers. He referred to as the group Shalam (Hebrew for peace) and envisioned it as a utopian society primarily based on Oahspe’s rules. He additionally adopted a number of orphaned kids from completely different races and backgrounds and raised them as Faithists.
John died on April 22, 1891, at Shalam. He was buried there with a easy gravestone that reads “Jehovih’s Son”. His guide Oahspe remained obscure for a few years till it was rediscovered by some religious seekers within the Twentieth century. It has since been reprinted a number of instances and has attracted some followers all over the world. It has additionally been criticized by some students and skeptics for its historic inaccuracies, scientific errors, plagiarism, and fabrication.
John Ballou Newbrough was a outstanding man who lived an adventurous and unconventional life. He was a dentist, an inventor, a prophet, and a visionary. He left behind a legacy of Oahspe: A New Bible, a controversial however fascinating guide that challenges typical views on faith and spirituality.
The Ebook, Oahspe
Oahspe covers a variety of matters, together with cosmogony, prophecy, historical past, ethics, and spirituality. It additionally incorporates some scientific info that weren’t broadly identified or accepted on the time of its publication however had been later confirmed by analysis and commentary. Listed below are some examples:
- Oahspe describes the origin of the photo voltaic system on account of a collision between two nebulae, one optimistic and one damaging. It says that the planets had been fashioned from the fragments of the collision, and that they progressively cooled down and solidified. That is just like the fashionable idea of planetary formation, which was developed within the Twentieth century by scientists corresponding to Harold Urey and Carl Sagan.
- Oahspe predicts the existence of darkish matter and darkish power, that are invisible types of matter and power that make up many of the universe. It calls them “ji’ay” and “a’ji”, respectively, and says that they have an effect on the movement and density of stars and planets. It additionally says that they’ve cycles of enhance and reduce, which affect the religious and bodily circumstances of life on earth. Darkish matter and darkish power weren’t found till the late Twentieth century by astronomers corresponding to Vera Rubin and Saul Perlmutter.
- Oahspe explains the phenomenon of gravity on account of vortexian currents, that are spiral motions of ether, the refined substance that fills all house. It says that these currents create stress and attraction between our bodies, and that they range in dimension, form, velocity, and path. It additionally says that gravity is just not a continuing power, however will depend on the space, mass, density, and polarity of our bodies. That is in line with the final idea of relativity, which was proposed by Albert Einstein in 1915.
- Oahspe revealed the construction and performance of DNA, the molecule that carries genetic data in residing cells. It calls it “orpah”, which suggests “mild of life”, and says that it’s composed of two strands that twist round one another like a ladder. It additionally says that it incorporates 4 forms of components, which it names “a”, “e”, “i”, and “o”, and that they kind pairs that decide the traits of residing beings. DNA was not recognized till 1869 by Friedrich Miescher, and its construction was not elucidated till 1953 by James Watson and Francis Crick.
- Oahspe described the method of photosynthesis, which is how crops convert mild power into chemical power. It calls it “sua”, which suggests “soul meals”, and says that it includes the absorption of sunshine by inexperienced substances in crops, which it calls “chlorophyll”. It additionally says that this course of produces oxygen as a by-product, which is crucial for animal life. Photosynthesis was not absolutely understood till the nineteenth century by scientists corresponding to Jan Ingenhousz and Julius Robert Mayer.
- The Oahspe mentions the existence of atoms and molecules, which weren’t found till the late nineteenth century.
- The Oahspe additionally mentions the existence of black holes, which weren’t found till the mid-Twentieth century.
- The Oahspe additionally mentions the existence of exoplanets, which weren’t found till the late Twentieth century.
- The Oahspe additionally describes the Huge Bang idea, which was not developed till the Twentieth century.
Along with these scientific ideas, the Oahspe additionally incorporates a wide range of philosophical ideas which might be in line with fashionable scientific thought. For instance, the Oahspe teaches that the universe is consistently evolving and that each one issues are interconnected.
You will need to word that the Oahspe is just not a scientific textual content. It’s a spiritual textual content that incorporates a wide range of religious and philosophical teachings. Nonetheless, the truth that the Oahspe incorporates some scientific ideas that had been forward of their time is fascinating and thought-provoking.
It’s also essential to notice that the Oahspe is a controversial textual content. Some individuals consider that it’s a respectable spiritual textual content, whereas others consider that it’s a hoax. Nonetheless, there is no such thing as a doubt that the Oahspe is an enchanting and thought-provoking guide.
Oahspe is a guide printed in 1882 that claims to comprise new revelations from the Creator and His angel ambassadors. It was written by John Ballou Newbrough, an American dentist, who stated he obtained the messages by automated writing on a typewriter.
Philosophies, Prophesies, Family tree:
- Oahspe emphasised service to others; every individual is graded in response to service to others.
- Oahspe contains doctrinal books, and precepts for conduct could be discovered all through its many books. Freedom and duty are two themes reiterated all through the textual content of Oahspe. Some core doctrines embrace an herbivorous eating regimen (vegan, vegetable meals solely), peaceable residing (no warring or violence; pacifism), residing a lifetime of advantage, service to others, angelic help, religious communion, and communal residing,
- Oahspe offers particulars, together with maps, about misplaced lands and new lands, significantly a big sunken continent referred to as Pan or Whaga that after stuffed a lot of the Pacific Ocean. It additionally places ahead explanations on the causes of fast loss or achieve of fertility, the cyclical variations in warmth and lightweight upon the earth.
- Oahspe incorporates chronologically-ordered accounts which might be cosmological revelations regarding the improvement of humanity from roughly 78,000 years in the past. This additionally features a narrative of the genesis of life on earth, from its begin as a planet being fashioned from its beginnings as a comet gathering materials as its vortex (refined envelope) matures until it’s positioned into its personal secure orbit round its solar.
- Oahspe speaks of the necessity for all religions to assist the varied nations and peoples to rise upward. It additionally speaks of what it calls “the faith of Gods themselves,” by which its adherents haven’t any want for intermediaries corresponding to Saviors and Idols, however who commune straight with, the Creator, the All Individual, the collective unconscious of the Universe.